BalkanCom 2022 Special Session:
Extended (Augmented, Virtual, Mixed) Reality
Organizers and Chairs:
- Selma Rizvic, University of Sarajevo – Faculty of Electrical Engineering
Scope of the Papers
In the Metaverse era eXtended Reality technologies gain importance. The use of Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality conquers a lot of fields. Aside of entertainment and marketing, it expands to training, learning, media, simulations and communications among people. Digital cultural heritage applications become important parts of museum exhibitions and enhance development of cultural tourism. Risky professions such as police, military, surgery and firefighting use training through Virtual and Augmented Reality. Virtual laboratories and meeting rooms are becoming common, particularly after the pandemic experience.
A lot of research is dedicated to overcoming the problems of user interaction and motion sickness. User experience evaluation shows the directions for new methodologies.
This special session aims to present the recent advances in the theoretical foundations and practical applications of eXtended Reality, with emphasis on:
- Virtual Reality concepts and applications
- Augmented Reality concepts and applications
- Mixed Reality concepts and applications
- User Experience evaluation of eXtended Reality
- Interactive digital storytelling using eXtended Reality
- Digital cultural heritage applications
- Simulations and training through eXtended Reality
- eXtended Reality for entertainment
The session is by invitation only.
Full Papers: Full paper submissions of original work (not previously published, or under review at another conference or journal) must not be longer than five pages.
Short Papers and Extended Abstracts: Submissions must not be longer than two pages. They should convince the reader that the author(s) would give an exciting presentation and stimulate lively discussion (will NOT be published in the conference proceedings).
Submissions are now accepted through EDAS.
- Paper submission deadline: July 1, 2022
- Notification of acceptance: July 20, 2022
- Camera-ready papers due: August 1, 2022